Posted by mrlane on 4 May 2011
We’re going to try something new today – not sure how it will go but we’ll figure it out…
- Writing Prompt
McDonald’s invests millions of dollars in advertising, and they target their advertising to a very specific group of people. Analyze who they are trying to sell to, what they are trying to sell, and why they may use these ideas. Are they selling more than food?
- We’ll start by writing one or two essential questions based on the writing prompt and record the questions on your worksheet.
- Watch the McDonald’s commercial below with the prompt and essential questions in mind.
What specific examples from the commercial make you think McDonald’s is selling to a certain group of people?
What specific examples make you think they are selling something other than food?
- Write your thesis statement on your worksheet(answer the essential questions)
- Use your thesis as your topic sentence, bring in your specific examples, and then explain in a paragraph, your answer to the writing prompt in the CTE #1 document we created earlier this trimester.
- When done writing (and editing), copy and paste you’re response into the comment section of this blog post.